At Shubhlagans.com we believe that protecting the confidentiality and privacy of our registered users is very important. For this reason , our basic features are designed to protect your confidentiality.
- Profile design
Our Basic profile format is designed so as to prevent people from identifying you unless you wish them to do so. Thus the information that is shown on our web portal and app. is general in nature - age, height, gender, caste, ethnicity, occupation, location, family profile, interests, desired partner profile etc. Typically information that will help generate interest among the right prospective life partners without individually identifying you.
- Private/Public option
There User has the option to select between “Private”—where we does not display the profile on our website and mobile app.
Public profiles are being displayed on our website and mobile application.
In private profile our Relationship Managers search the best suited profile from our data base and communicate the same to next user through its login account in web/app, email ,whatsapp.
However, we would recommend you to go for Public option because this option might generateinterest among the right prospective life partners without identifying you.
- The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us and We has invested significant resources to protect the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal data. When using external service providers acting as processors, we require that they adhere to the same standards as we does. Regardless of where your Personal Information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept secure.
2.Types of Personal Information collected by Shubh Lagans.
- We may collect your Personal Information such as name, email address, date of birth, mobile number, mother tongue, password, country, state/nationality, gender, current location, city, pin code, marital status, height, occupation,Assets, income etc.
- Some additional information, such as details on your personality, family details, contact address and other details about you, as well as content such as photos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your ethnic origins, religious beliefs, sub caste, physical and mental conditions. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of the information., when the you sign up as a member or you set up an alert on the Platform, we may reach out to you as per your settings;
- Information that one would usually include in a matrimonial profile, including name, contact details such as e-mail address and mobile number, date of birth, educational qualifications, data relating to your current employment, income photographs, visa and work status etc. when you register on the Platform;
- Information about the services that you use and how you use them, including log information and location information, when you are a user of the services through the Platform;
- We may collect your Personal Information such as name, age, contact details, preferences, etc. through surveys and forms, when you choose to participate in these surveys etc.;
- We may collect your documents on age, address, income etc. for verification purposes to provide additional credibility to your profile.
- When you communicate with us or use the Platform to communicate with other members (including advertisers, Users (such as partners), we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide;
- When you use a device to access the Platform, Shubh Lagans may collect technical or other related information from the device as well as the device location;
- To the extent permitted by law, We may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations.
- We may collect your and your partner’s information such as but not limited to name, gender, date and time of birth, city, state, country and email if you avail our horoscope services.
- We may collect, process and store your user ID associated with any social media account (such as your Facebook and Google account) that you use to connect with us or to avail our services
3. How Shubh Lagans may use your Personal Information
We will only use your personal data in a fair and reasonable manner, and where we have a lawful reason to do so.
Our use of your personal data depends on the purpose for which you interact with us. We may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Searching the Matrimonial match on your behalf and interacting with that matched profile.
- Protecting the interest of our company, Users and providing you with customer support.
- Analyse your content to provide you customised search results and recommendations.
- Send alerts and emails such as match alert mails, membership mails, kundli alert mails,Rm appointment mail, Charges mail, meeting mail,pending payment mail , service mails, promotional mails, SMS alerts and call alerts(s) to you on above mail services as well.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions;
- To the extent required for identity verification and due diligence checks if so undertaken.
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Third Party Services: Third parties provide certain services available on the Platform on its behalf. Platform may provide information, including Personal Information and special/ sensitive personal information, that the Platform collects from its users to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which the Platform maintains its services and mailing lists.
Shubh Lagans does not disclose, transfer or share your Personal Information with others except with:
- Our affiliates and group companies to the extent required for our internal business and/or administrative purposes and/or general corporate operations and for provision of services;
- Third parties including enforcement, regulatory and judicial authorities, if we determine that disclosure of your Personal Information is required to a) respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or b) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Platform’s Terms & Conditions or as otherwise required by law;
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets we may disclose Personal Information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- Third party service providers and marketing partners that SL engages to a) provide services over the Platform on SL’s behalf; b) maintain the Platform and mailing lists; or c) communicate with you on SL’s behalf about offers relating to its products and/or services. SL will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect your Personal Information and are also subject to appropriate confidentiality / non-disclosure obligations.
- Third party advertisers to display advertisements to you when you visit the Platform. The third-party advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies). These companies may use information about you and your visits to this Platform and other web sites to provide advertisements on this Platform.
- The Company does not provide any Personal Information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement. However, if you interact with or view an advertisement, the advertiser may make certain assumptions and, in the process, learn certain Personal Information about you. For instance, if you view and click an advertisement that is targeted towards women in the age group 18- 24 from a specific geographic area, the advertiser may assume that you meet the relevant criteria.
- If your Personal Information is transferred outside India, we take the necessary steps to protect your Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- We retain your information upto certain time and after expiry of that periods, your Personal Information will be deleted or archived in compliance with applicable laws
7. Third Party Content:
SL makes no representations or warranties regarding how your information is stored or used on third-party servers. We recommend that you review the applicable privacy statements and policies of each third-party site linked from the Platform to determine their use of your personal information.
8. Age Eligibility to use our services
To use the Platform, you agree that you must be the minimum age as governed by Law. The minimum age for these purposes shall be eighteen (18), however if local laws require that you must be older to be able to lawfully provide the services over the Platform to you then that older age shall apply as the applicable minimum age.
If you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must use the Platform under the supervision of your parent, legal guardian or responsible adult.
9. Regular Updation of Profile:-
SL provides you the ability to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. If at any time you would like to a) rectify, update or correct your Personal Information.
12. Social media
SL operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. SL monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels about itself in order to improve its products and services.
Please note that you must not communicate the following information to SL through such social media sites:
- sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number ;
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or defamatory content.
SL is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. SL is only responsible for its own use of the Personal Information received through such sites.
- SL does not store any account related information or any credit / debit card details. SL shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by Users as a result of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the User's account, credit cards or debit cards in the course of any online transactions or payments made for any products and/or services offered through the Platform.
- In case any Personal Information is shared by you with us through any mode, which is required or not requested by SL during registration, (whether mandatorily or optionally), SL will not be liable for any information security breach or disclosure in relation to such information.
In case you have any quarry, complaints and/or grievances in relation to the processing of your Personal Information you can send your complaints via e-mail: